Due to strong demand for Down Imaging™ and traditional 2D Sonar in one package, Humminbird® now offers these high-performing technologies in more models.
“Anglers prefer the ability to combine the detailed images of Down Imaging with the more familiar sharp images of our traditional 2D Sonar in one unit,” Humminbird Brand Manager Dale Logue said. “For that reason, we’re adding the dual technology across most of our platforms.”
Down Imaging/2D Sonar models now include the 1158c DI Combo, 958c DI Combo, 858c DI Combo, 385ci DI Combo and 345c DI, in addition to the 500 and 700 Series DI model previously introduced.
Humminbird’s revolutionary Down Imaging Sonar focuses directly beneath the angler’s boat to provide detailed images of structure and the water column. All models include traditional 2D Sonar capabilities with exclusive SwitchFire™ technology.
“Having the ability to show detailed activity around the boat when stationary is important to anglers,” said Logue. “Down Imaging Sonar works best when moving, so including traditional 2D Sonar is mandatory to accommodate the different fishing situations anglers often experience while jigging or drifting.”
The following are brief descriptions of the five new Down Imaging/2D Sonar models from Humminbird:
• 1158c DI Combo ($2199.99 MSRP): includes GPS chartplotting capabilities, 10.4-inch color display (600V x 800H pixels), Ethernet networking, NMEA 2000 compatibility, new waypoint management
• 958c DI Combo ($1499.99 MSRP): includes GPS chartplotting capabilities, 8-inch color display (480V x 800H pixels), Ethernet networking, NMEA 2000 compatibility, new waypoint management
• 858c DI Combo ($1199.99 MSRP): includes GPS chartplotting capabilities, 7-inch color display (480V x 800H pixels), Ethernet networking, NMEA 2000 compatibility, new waypoint management
• 385ci DI Combo ($499.99 MSRP): includes GPS capability, 3.5-inch color display (320V x 240H pixels)
• 345c DI ($379.99 MSRP): 3.5-inch color display (320V x 240H pixels) without GPS capabilities
The new DI/2D models began shipping to retail outlets in July.
For more information visit humminbird.com, contact Humminbird, 678 Humminbird Lane, Eufaula, AL 36027, or call 800-633-1468.
Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc. consists of the Humminbird, Geonav, Minn Kota and Cannon brands. Humminbird® is a leading innovator and manufacturer of fishfinders, fishfinder/GPS combo units, ice flashers and digital depth gauges. Geonav® develops and manufactures state-of-the-art integrated navigation systems and autopilots for blue-water fishing and cruising yachts. Minn Kota® is the world’s leading manufacturer of electric trolling motors, as well as offers a complete line of shallow water anchors, battery chargers, trim tabs and marine accessories. Cannon® is the leader in controlled-depth fishing and includes a full line of downrigger products and accessories.